Our Access Statement
We pride ourselves on offering first-class customer service at all times and strives to ensure that all our guests enjoy our wonderful accommodation and facilities. Our aim is to help in any way that we can and should you require assistance during your stay or whilst planning your visit, we will be delighted to assist.
• We cater for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes, and have holiday caravans and lodges available for hire.
• Our Brochure and Parks Map are available in large print and we can post a copy of our Access Statement to you if required.
• We offer email, textphone and staff are happy to accept Type Talk calls.
• Our nearest town is Paignton and is served by a train and bus station, together with a taxi rank.
• A public bus transport stop is located 200 metres outside Beverley Park/Bay, with bus timetables available in Reception.
• Our nearest shop mobility is Victoria Car Park, Garfield Road, Paignton, Tel: 01803 521771 or Pluss Organisation Ltd, Waddeton Close, Brixham Road. Paignton, Tel: 01803 520386.
• The following local taxi companies offer wheelchair-access transport and can be reached on Tel: 01803 211611 or Tel: 01803 213213 – both companies require notice.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities:
• A barrier will rise as your drive into our main entrance, with a contact telephone number for the park and assistance located to the left. Please turn left past the barrier to reach the main car park.
• The tarmac roadway leading to reception measures 1:10 and features some kerbs on the left. The approximate distance from the main car park to Reception is 60 metres with a few benches for resting places along the way.
• A walkway from the roadway leading to Reception is brick and measures 1:14.
• On entering Reception there is a call button in Braille to ask for assistance to enter if required. The doors are double doors with a width of 1.7 metres.
• We have three parking spaces outside Reception designated for those who require wheelchairs and also a drop-off area.
Main Entrance and Reception:
• A number of staff have attended a ‘Welcome’ courses including `Welcome All`.
• Reception is at Beverley Park and provides ample room for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
• Reception has a pad and pen on the counter. The counter is 96cm in height, but we also have a coffee table to use if required.
• The opening times of Reception are displayed on the entrance door along with 24-hour contact details.
• This area is air-conditioned.
Public Areas - General (External):
• Tarmac roads service all parts of the park with the occasional speed ramp located in our touring section.
• There are grass areas either side of the ramps to allow for wheelchairs, pushchairs, etc.
• There are benches located around the park.
• Beverley Holidays is situated on a hill but all the main facilities are located on a flat area.
• Some areas of the holiday park overlook the sea.
• There are plenty of concrete footpaths around the park leading to facilities, which are all a minimum of 1-metre wide.
Public Areas - WC:
• Beverley Park has two toilet blocks servicing the touring section, with a disabled toilet, plus a general parking bay situated outside of each.
• Each of our other facilities has adequate shower and WC facilities.
• For more information on touring facilities, please refer to touring section.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe:
• There is a limited amount of parking approximately 10 metres away from the main doors.
• There are double doors opening into each of the facilities measuring 1.6 metres wide when both doors are opened. Each facility is on the level.
• The Jetty Lounge, Bar & Terrace is located on the first floor and accessible by stairs and also a lift.
• Tables and chairs can be re-arranged on request to accommodate wheelchairs.
• The Jetty Lounge, Bar & Terrace has an outside terrace which has a small access ramp.
• All public areas are non-smoking.
• This area has a disabled access toilet with grab rails and a baby changing unit.
• The laundries on each park have parking bays located outside and level access throughout. The main laundry door is 74cm wide
• All machines are front loading.
• All ironing boards can be height adjusted.
• The switch for all ironing boards can be reached from the sitting position.
• There is tables and seating available in the laundry area.
• The main shop is located on Beverley Park.
• Accessed by a paved area by double automatic doors.
• There is a parking bay outside the shop.
• The shop is on one level and is air-conditioned.
• There is ample room within for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
• The counter is 92cm high.
• The mini shop / customer info point is located on Beverley Bay.
• It is on one level and the counter is 76cm high.
• The staff will assist with your needs if required.
• There is a parking bay located near to the Oasis Leisure Club situated on Beverley Park.
• The Oasis Leisure Club has male and female changing rooms with showers; indoor pool; steam room; sauna; hot tub and fitness gym.
• There is non-slip flooring in wet areas, and all other areas are carpeted.
• There are three steps down with a handrail to access the indoor pool. All other facilities are on the level.
• There are various access doors, with the main doors being 59cm wide. The family changing room door and access friendly room door is 30.5cm wide. The changing room doors are 53cm wide. Some doors are smaller, please enquire regarding alternatives.
• There is a children’s play area on Beverley Park and Bay, which has a gated entry.
• The surface under the play equipment is a mixture of rubber and bark, with all other areas being grass.
• The area is level and located near to the touring facilities, with a disabled access shower/toilet and baby changing area.
• There are benches in this area.
• The Lagoon outdoor pool on Beverley Park is accessible through wide gates.
• There is ample sun loungers and chairs on one level. A separate seating area can be found on a wooden decked area, which has one step to access it.
• The Lagoon outdoor pool has metal steps with non-slip pads to access it.
• There is also children’s paddling pool with water feature.
• The Starlight Bar is on the level and accessed through double doors of a width of 1.6 metres when both doors are open.
• There are raised areas of seating and also other areas which are level.
• Chairs and tables can be moved on request.
• In the foyer there is a disabled-access toilet facility with a baby changer. There is a grab rail by the toilet and the basin is 76cm high.
• The Starlight Bar is air-conditioned and non-smoking.
• Some entertainment programmes have strobe lighting effects and loud music - please check with our Entertainments Team for further details.
• Many statics caravans have three steps leading up to the main door and hand rail.
• They range from one bedroom to three bedroom, sleeping up to 6 people.
• Parking for caravans is available in the car parks located around the park, but some caravans have their own designated space.
• We have some accessible caravans with a ramp to the main door designed for wheelchair use. These caravans also has its own car park space outside.
• We also have three-bedroom timber lodges. Each lodge has three steps leading into the main front door.
• Some lodges have a further few steps along a path leading from the road.
• Please note, all accommodation is non-smoking.
• We have a wide variety of information in our Reception area.
• Our staff have a vast knowledge of the local area so feel to ask for any advice.
• Pick up your copy of the English Riviera Attractions Passport from Reception for discounts and savings across a wealth of attractions.
Grounds & Gardens:
• The park is large and spacious; the distance from the park to the nearby beach of Goodrington Sands is approximately 0.6 miles. The park is situated on a hill.
• We have many formal and informal gardens and have been awarded the `Gold` David Bellamy Award for 20 years running.
• Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much details as we can in this statement, we are always willing to provide further information on any aspect of the park.
• If this statement does not answer your particular question, please let us know and we will endeavor to answer your query and amend this statement for future use.
Beverley Park, Beverley Bay and Beverley View:
Beverley Holidays, Goodrington Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7JE
• We are constantly updating and re-investing in our facilities. We will keep you updated on all future plans via our website, blogs and e-newsletters.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please call 01803 843887 or email [email protected]